HatchWorks is currently searching for an IoT End to End Solutions Architect with an entrepreneurial spirit who will shape the future of consumer Smart Products platform.
- Bring hands-on technical and product management expertise in leadership of Smart Products.
- Work with an agile software development team focused on solution design and execution from the conceptual stages through the development cycle and deployments in partnership with IT delivery engines (engineering, apps, security & data).
- Ensure the development processes, architecture, and standards are followed
- Deep understanding of the full technology stack. Work in emerging and traditional technologies (as detailed in specifications below).
- Support the overall health and operations of client Smart Products portfolio.
- The Smart Products leader is part of the IT Digital Capability & Innovation organization. At this position you will work and collaborate closely with R&E, Business units, IT business partners.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES And RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Co-create Smart Products concepts with business and R&E leaders, and translate them into working products and services, demonstrating creativity and innovation.
- Take ownership of process development and application design - including requirements gathering, concepts generation and detailed design, analysis and verification testing, cross-functional reviews, and production release.
- Lead IoT platform definition, strategy & execution including data, security and partner eco-system.
- Lead the execution of large, complex projects, ensuring staged and timely delivery.
- Demonstrate thought leadership in IoT and cloud solutions and become a trusted advisor to decision-makers for the growth of our Smart Products practices.
- Run solution reviews, and oversee implementation quality to continue to improve software engineering practices.
- Stay on top of tech trends, experiment and learn new tech, participate in internal & external tech communities, and mentor others.
- Bachelor's degree is required; At least 8 years of experience working in launching and running Smart Products.
- 3+ years’ experience in software development life cycle, applying modern agile software development practices. Certified scrum master a strong plus
- 3+ years’ experience in rapid prototype development
- Proven track record of creating highly-scalable and available cloud services. Strong experience in Cloud Computing with one or more IoT Platform-as-a-Service(PaaS) environments (AWS IoT preferred or Google Cloud IoT)
- Experience in NoSQL stores (e.g. DynamoDB, MongoDB, HBase, Cassandra, etc.) and RDBMS
- Strong experience defining, building, and maintaining API's and microservices, for first-party and third-party integrations.
- Excellent knowledge of software engineering best practices (e.g. Agile software development, test-driven development, unit testing, code reviews, design documentation, etc.)
- Proficient in various architecture methodologies and related artifacts
- Experience in designing systems to handle security challenges of IoT Edge, Gateway, Cloud, and Web solutions is a strong plus
- Builds appropriate and effective business relationships
- Strong communication and presentation skills - communicates effectively, both formally and informally
- Makes decisions which impact the success of assigned projects i.e. technologies, platforms and partners
- Strategic perspective – keep strategies in mind, and not being deflected by matters of detail
- Excellent problem solving with the ability to balance competing project and resource demands
- Passion for learning and taking on new challenges – willing to learn new IOT technologies
- Passion for the end-user experience. Works under broad direction. Work is often self-initiated. Is fully accountable for meeting allocated technical and/or project/supervisory objectives.
- Creative, dynamic and forward-thinking individual who has a passion for change
If you think the HatchWorks experience could be a great fit for you, please click "Apply", located below, to submit your resume for consideration. To learn more about our organization, visit us at www.hatchworks.com
WE STRONGLY SUPPORT AND BELIEVE IN WORKPLACE DIVERSITY